Monday, February 20, 2012

Pantone's Fall 2012 Color Report

Do you love color?
Does it "talk" to you and inspire you?
I think color is one of the most powerful tools we have in communication, it sends messages, creates illusion, implies power, and the list goes on. And while I love to look at certain colors there are many I would never wear because of my skin tone, body shape and many other reasons. The very same colors that I would never wear will look phenomenal on others and they likely would be best served not wearing what looks best on me.



I was really excited to see that Pantone has released their Fall Color Report for 2012! I was even more thrilled to see that gorgeous green on the palette! It has the nickname of "Becky Green" in our house because it is one of my all time favorite colors. I will be popping that color all year, but come Fall I will be owning it! Now don't think I will be working all these colors, quite the contrary, lol!! I know from years of buying clothes that I may love the color of something on the hanger and then getting them home and wearing it, the item just doesn't work. With that in mind, there are quite a few of these colors that won't make it into my closet.
How many times have I bought something, worn it once or twice and never felt quite right in it and then it went into the donation pile. I just don't do that anymore. I pay close attention while shopping, look at the lighting in the room and the wall colors. These factors will greatly distort or clarify the colors and how they look on you. If your skin doesn't glow and your eye color pop when you are in a certain color, don't buy it. Admire it on someone else it works on and stick with the colors that presents you in the best possible way.

So, is there a color in this report that is one of your signature colors? If so, which one and how will you be wearing it?

I am going straight away over to my Polyvore boards and building some inspiring sets with these colors, how will you be using the report? If you create something share a link, I would love to see how it inspires you!

Remember, the most beautiful thing you can wear is a smile!
B-



2 comments:

  1. I have olive-toned skin so I don't wear greens or pastels very well, but I love that chartreuse color. I think I like the french roast brown best, and the pink as an accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arleigh, I bet you would look fantastic in the brown with the pink. And accenting is one of my favorite ways of adding the color that shouldn't be next to my skin, like with shoes or a belt.

      Delete